Friday, July 11, 2008

Hello, I'm back again!

The last blog I sent two days ago was posted from my computer at home and mysteriously disappeared. A few minutes later we got a call from Pete at work saying the blog popped up on his screen at work. The blog you read was cut off, so if you think it ended abruptly you are right. Today I had my IV which went fine, I don't mind needles at all. Later I met with the oncologist who booked an appointed in London for July 22 to meet the doctors there (since they hadn't called me yet). I had been having pain in my right ribs again after camping and even went to the ER for the pain thinking something more was wrong but they couldn't find or do anything. The oncologist wants me to go for a MRI on Monday. She thinks the pain in my ribs are the nerves in my spine, but I feel the pain further along on my side. If the lesions (or cuts) in my bones are bigger than they think I will have to have them radiated. They are trying to stay away from the radiation because that will effect the transplants they want to take from myself. Tuesday I'll know for sure if I need radiation. Finally! I have had pain in my ribs since February and no one could explain it and x-rays always show nothing wrong. It's almost half a year later. London will just be to meet the doctors and maybe talk about how to proceed. Today the oncologist started me on another three rounds of steroids. Here starts the roller coaster again. I just have to do what needs to be done, at least I know what to expect. Nothing else to report. The kids are now done swimming lessons and they all passed. Yesterday our son Levi would have been six years old. How time keeps moving.

I have a e-mail address now: psoosterhoff@sympatico.ca

Thank you all for your continued support, prayers and the cards that come in the mailbox - I love it!

Love Pete, Sharon, Natasha, Heather and Shaun.

2 comments:

vanandel said...

hi pete sharon and family

we continue to pray for you and we wish you much strength and patience.
we are encouraged to hear that through all this you look to God for everything, as the great physician he will provide...
glad to hear that your sense of humour remains.
Brian and Ina and family

erica said...

Hi Sharon
Just to let you know that we are also praying here for you and your family(in South Africa). May the Lord give you the strength, peace and grace to carry on.
Love Erica Bijker (Nederveen)