Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello,

Just a quick update, not too much to report. At the end of the month I go to Toronto to meet a new doctor. Tomorrow this doctor wants my Owen Sound doctor to start a new "cocktail" of drugs. I'll still take my chemo and steroids, but they will add another drug to the mix. With this mixture I will only have to go to the hospital once a week instead of twice. I take the drug for three weeks and get the fourth week off. My doctor told me not to count chemo rounds anymore. I will be on this drug plan until a new drug comes out or a new trial comes out.

For the most part I am doing pretty good. No nasty side effects. I am very tired and can feel pretty weak. Some days I have energy to do my stuff and other days I just lay around without much energy. The steroids can make me weepy and a lot of things irritate me. This isn't always nice in the home. I do get mood swings from the drugs and I am fully aware of how I react. I don't always like hanging around with myself. This is why I'm not too excited about being on the drugs for who knows how long. On the other hand, I only go to the hospital once a week for chemo. Hopefully this new cocktail will be good to me. The doctors know that the chemo is doing the job. My counts have dropped considerably which is good news! Much to be thankful for. I look forward to going to Toronto, meeting the new doctor and getting some answers for future treatments.

In the meantime we have been receiving a lot of help. The meals keep coming, ladies come cleaning, people visit and many prayers are going up. Not every day is easy or pleasant, but I still know in Whom my help comes.

Love Pete, Sharon and kids.

1 comment:

em said...

thanks for the update - continuing to pray for you all.