Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hi everyone:

Last week I went to my family doctor for a check up and to update him on all the tests and things I've had to do. Basically, I told him I'm a healthy cancer patient!! He said, "Um, okay I'll put that on your charts and let all the other doctors know". He started to laugh a bit. I don't imagine he gets told that everyday! He said he was going to come and do a house visit because he'd been getting a lot of info on me, but hadn't seen me in a while. I said he was welcome any time and actually thought that was quite nice (he's a VERY busy man). The reason I said I was "healthy" was because all the tests were coming back pretty good, my cell count was good, the calcium in my blood is doing it's job, blood work is good etc. So I told him my opinion on the whole situation. Obviously I'm not a doctor, but I'm a good patient!

Last week before all the rain I decided to cut the grass. There was a lot of jolting happening in the back yard and I think maybe I hurt my back doing that (maybe I'm not a good patient). Anyway, the pain seems to be getting worse since Sunday/Monday especially and I figured it might ease up or go away. The steroids are supposed to help with the bone pain and I started those up again today, but the pain is still there. I went to oncology after I got the kids from school just to let them know this was happening (they said to inform them of any different/unusual pain that I might have) and they decided to schedule a MRI on my full spine and back hip bones. Then I have to go to oncology for an update on the MRI. Hopefully they don't have to radiate anything before the transplant because that just won't work out with the stem cell harvest. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

That's the update for now, I have to get dinner on the table. Thanks for the done of cards and emails this week, I really appreciate it. Also a bunch of girls from school might try and come up in the next couple days to visit! All the support is wonderful. Oh, Pete said he can't wait to update the blog - something about my eating habits. Most cancer patients lose their appetite but mine is good....REEEALLY good!!!!

Love from Pete, Sharon & kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes... we're coming!!!!!!!

3Men and A Little Lady said...

Dear Pete and Sharon, Natasha, Heather, and Shaun,

Thanks for keeping us informed in your naturally humourous way.
Continue to remember the words of Psalm 46, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble..."
May knowing that He is carrying you through the next weeks give you strength and courage, and we pary that you experience His comfort and peace daily.
Daily in our prayers...
Peter and Petra and boys

Fred and Arlene Ludwig said...

Dear Sharon,Pete and family,
Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed. We continue to pray that God gives you strength and patience and comfort through this time.
With Love,
Fred and Arlene
Nicole&Dwayne,Tanya,Ashley,and Mike